Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) and Internal Family Systems (IFS) skills group for Teens for Help With Depression, Anxiety, Numbness, Self-Harm, Interpersonal Conflict, or Mood Instability *Not currently running*
This Adolescent DBT & IFS Skills Training Group is for teens between the ages of 15 and 18 who experience chronic emotional difficulties and/or want help gaining flexibility and resiliency in coping.
Primary goals of the group are to decrease self-destructive behaviors, increase effective emotional skills, and create a sense of behavioral and relational stability for the adolescent and their family.
Topics include emotion regulation, interpersonal effectiveness, distress tolerance, mindfulness, dealing with difficult thoughts and emotions, managing inner critics, and calming the nervous system.
Individual appointment for initial assessment and screening is required ahead of signing up. Insurance not accepted.
- Parents are enrolled in the Parent Workshop as a supplement to the teen group
- 15-18 year old group meets Tuesdays and Thursdays, 3:00-5:00 pm in person in Beachwood
- Enrollment is open until June 8th, 2023, with a scheduled screening required prior to joining
- For more information about these programs, please call (216) 991-4008 or email admin at trysashulman.com
- This is a fee-for-service program (no insurance)